Convert Mini DisplayPort output to HDMI or DVI video
Connect your newer Macbook or Macbook Pro to your external display for high-definition video.
With the late-2008 introduction of the "unibody" MacBook and MacBook Pro, Apple introduced a new video protocol - Mini DisplayPort. A more compact form of its DisplayPort connector, Mini DisplayPort (or Mini DP) allows monitors, projectors and other external displays to show images at resolutions of up to 1920 X 1200.
Our Video Display Converter is a two-in-one solution to convert Mini DisplayPort video output to two high-definition formats - DVI (Digital Visual Interface) and HDMI (High-Definition Media Interface). Use with your existing cabling to convert the Mini DP signal to HDMI or single-link DVI and enjoy your MacBook or Macbook Pro's video in high resolution on the big screen.
MacBook Pros released in April 2010 support audio output through the Mini DisplayPort, and the audio passes through our Video Display Converter. Please note that the Mini DisplayPort on machines released before April 2010 only outputs video signal. To receive audio, you'll need to connect your MacBook to your stereo receiver using an audio cable like our Aux Cable or StereoConnect Cables.
- Converts video output from your Mini DisplayPort source to DVI or HDMI monitors, displays and projectors
- Passes audio signal when used with MacBook Pro (April 2010 model)
- Transfers digital video at resolutions up to 1920 X 1200 (resolution is limited by the display itself)
- Display video on DVI- and HDMI-enabled high-resolution projectors, external displays (including Apple's 30" Cinema Display)
- Total overall length: 4" (101.6mm)
- Male Mini DisplayPort connector to female HDMI connector